Finished a new sketchbook

I finished a new sketchbook last night! I’ve been meaning to make a new one for myself for awhile but kept get sidetracked on other things. Finally done.

I decided on black and beige cover fabric, with red bands and ribbon.

…and I had this handmade swirly paper on the closet, which I’ve used often for endpapers.

Adding the bands and gluing the block.

The endpapers, glued in place. Unfortunately that paper is pretty thin so it wrinkled when I brushed on the glue, even though I tried really hard to use the glue really sparingly. Oh well.

Finished! I thought I’d try a midtone paper for this sketchbook, so I could draw with black ink, as usual, but also use white ink or crayon for highlights. I’ve always liked the look of midtone grounds and hope to experiment more with it here. We’ll see.